New volunteer roles at the London Orchard Project
We are recruiting new volunteers
The London Orchard Project is launching an exciting new way for people to volunteer with us and gain experience in creating and looking after urban orchards. We are recruiting two London Orchard Volunteer Officers who will be key to helping deliver our orchard projects.
This structured opportunity offers volunteers the following benefits:
- Develop knowledge of urban growing especially community orchards, including practical tree care, suitable fruit varieties, the funding environment and community engagement.
- Employers’ references, where appropriate. The opportunity will offer a sound base on which to launch an urban food growing career.
- Access to relevant training opportunities.
- Networking opportunities online and face-to-face.
- The chance to be involved in a young, vibrant and effective sustainability organisation.
- Formal support and supervision.
- Learn new skills in a fun and supportive environment.
- Make a lasting impact on Londoners surroundings and access to fruit.
We reimburse pre-approved and receipted out of pocket expenses for lunch and travel whilst volunteering.
We hope that people will be able to volunteer with us for around 6 months to allow time to gain the skills and experience throughout the whole planting season.
Please apply by midnight on Monday 30th August, call us for a chat for more info
(Amber 07730 216 943)
Interviews are on Tuesday 7th August and the volunteering position starts in early September.